The Omega 8006 Masticating Juicer has a powerful motor which operates at a steady 80 rpm. Fruits and vegetables have their juice slowly ground and extracted, complete with vitamins, minerals and enzymes. The second step in the juice extraction involves separating the pulp from the juice. This dual process results in pulp free juice, a high level of juice extraction with dry pulp and automatic pulp-ejection.
This juicer also comes with four feet for stabilizing purposes, features heavy duty construction, yet performs quietly with no heat build up. There is no foaming or clogging to contend with and the unit is easy to operate and clean. You need to be aware that the Omega does not produce juice at a high speed and there is a requirement that fruit and vegetables be cut up into small pieces prior to being fed into the feed tube. So there is the matter of preparation and production time to consider.
Features of the Omega 8006
- Unlike centrifugal juicers which come with high speed motors, the Omega 8006 comes with a low speed 80 RPM motor.
- The low speed motor ensures that there is no foaming, clogging or heat buildup which could compromise the juice.
- The low speed motor also produces considerably less noise than other juice machines.
- The auger can be reversed in the event of something becoming lodged in the mastication extraction tube.
- The Omega 8006 is known as a high yield juicer because it extracts the maximum amount of juice from the produce.
- This juicer uses a dual action juicing process. First, the fruits or vegetables are ground into a pulp. Then the juice is extracted from the pulp. It is this process which enables all the nutrients to be extracted from the fruits and vegetables. It also ensures that you end up with pulp free juice.
- The juicer comes with an auto pulp-ejection function for continuous juicing. There is no need to stop to clear out pulp between various insertions of produce.
- The Omega juicer has a newly designed auger which is a translucent black. This is a material that is called ULTEM.
- This juicer is a masticating juicer, which means the fruit or vegetable is literally crushed in an auger (a big screw) and then compressed, so that the juice flows through a small screen in the bottom, while the pulp is pushed forward where it gets ejected at the far end.
- A characteristic of a masticating juicer is that is has a very slow extraction rate and it is also known for its special ability to juice green leafy vegetables. With a masticating juicer there is absolutely no chance of leafy greens sticking to the side of a spinning centrifugal juicer basket and throwing it out of balance. The typical slow, grinding process of the masticating juicer is suitable for all fruits and vegetables and will produce a concentrated juice without nutrient loss.
- The Omega 8006 has a circular feed tube, however it is quite small and measures 1.5 inches in diameter. This means that fruits and vegetables need to be cut up into small pieces before being fed into the juicer. The nature of a masticating juicer is one of literally grinding out the juice and this process is facilitated by using small pieces of fruit and vegetables. Hence the narrow feed tube.
- Output tends to be slower because of the mastication process, however the juice extraction level is high.
- The pulp produced by the Omega Masticating Juicer is usually quite dry. This is because of the slower juicing process and the method of extraction, although the pulp from soft fruits may be wetter.
- Components are detachable for easy cleaning. The clean up involves cleaning the shoot the food comes down, the auger, the screens and the collector bins – either or both depending upon what you are doing.
What is included?
- The package includes the juicer, screens, auger and collector bins
Product Dimensions – 14.5 x 6.5 x 15.5 inches
Motor – 150 watts with 5 speeds
Item model number – 8006
Warranty – 15 year warranty
- The warranty has been increased from 10 to 15 years.
- It runs very quietly with the low rpm motor
- It produces exceptionally dry pulp
- The 80 rpm auger results in less oxidation which in turn, results in less of a brown color in apple juice for example.
- Very easy to use and clean up afterwards
- Quality materials
- Some people don’t like having to cut up the vegetables and fruit first and find the grinding extraction to be slow. This is really just a characteristic of a masticating juicer. If you want speed, you are better off with a centrifugal juicer.
- Some customers ran the juicer without anything in it and encountered a problem with the auger which produced a fine white powder. Please note, the juicer must have something in it before you turn it on. This is more of a user issue rather than a design fault in the juicer.
The Omega 8006 is a popular juicer and customers have give this juicer an outstanding rating. This indicates that customers are very happy with their purchase and the nutrition filled juice it creates. To read what customers had to say, you can read the reviews here.
The Omega 8006 is available online. The best price I found includes free shipping, if you qualify. To check for the most recent price, you can see it here. This is a great savings off the current list price.
Recommendation – Buy
This is a another excellent juice maker and the majority of customers have left reviews. Again, a few people had issues, mostly with plastic shavings from the auger, however, the best advice here seems to be that it is a good idea to listen to the Omega reps and do not run the juicer without anything in it. Any manufacturer who can push out the warranty period by 5 years has produced a winner and if you are in the market for a masticating juicer, this is one of the best.