The Breville BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor is a powerful, centrifugal juice extractor which comes with five speeds for greater variety and choice during the juice extraction process. The 900 watt motor is can produce an 8 oz glass of juice in 5 seconds. It includes variable RPM settings to cater to soft as well as more dense fruits and vegetables. This leads to the machine being described as a “smart juicing system”. In reality, it means that your are receiving excellent juice extraction.
Part of the Breville BJE510XL unique charm is its ability to increase power to the cutting disc when there is a load on the machine. This can happen with beets, carrots or apples. The machine is able to do this via a built-in smart chip and the result is more juice through more efficient extraction. This juicer is said to be the most versatile juicer on the market today as it handles hard and soft fruits and vegetable with ease. The lower speeds are particularly effective for leafy vegetables like spinach or for soft fruits like bananas or cantaloupes.
One of the design features which users find very helpful, as well as improving the overall performance of the machine, is that the feed chute is located precisely over the top of the centre of the cutting disc. This provides excellence balance, improved extraction and fantastic juice. Users love this juicer because of it great features, versatile performance and reliability. Most of all, they love the juice it creates.
Features of the Breville BJE510XL Juicer
- The extractor comes with a powerful 900 watt motor and 5 speeds ranging from 6500 rpm to 12500 rpm
- The Breville BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor is a high level performer, capable of producing 8 oz of juice in five seconds
- It is also reliable and durable
- Comes with a back-lit control panel for ease and efficient use of the controls
- Stainless-steel covered body
- Stainless-steel micro-mesh filter and cutters
- Engineering-grade polymers
This Breville juicer is a centrifugal juicer. These work by forcing the juicing item onto centrally located spinning blades that essentially finely grates the produce and then the contents are thrown outward onto a spinning screen (spinning at a thousand or more revolutions per minute). This forces the juice through the screen while the pulp is held back, eventually slides up the angled screen and is thrown over the top and into a holding bin, thus the juice is separated from the pulp.
A characteristic of a centrifugal juicer is that it has an incredibly fast extraction rate and its large screen will make the juicing of pulpy fruit easy and fast. However, it’s worth noting that extremely pulpy (i.e. bananas) and very soft fruits would do much better by simply tossing them into a blender. This is because the extraction process in a centrifugal juicer happens too fast to extract much juice.
The juicer comes with a circular feed chute, which measures 3 inches in diameter and this makes it possible to place whole fruits and vegetables in there without the need for peeling, cutting and slicing beforehand.
Output is at the rate of 8 oz of juice in five seconds
The pulp which results from the extraction process is dry, which indicates that the juicer is operating efficiently. Very soft fruits will produce a wetter pulp – mostly because this juicer is very powerful and soft fruits are forced up over the top of the screen before much juice can be extracted.
It has dishwasher safe parts so you can place parts like the juice jug and the detachable spout in there for very easy cleaning. The filter device should be cleaned with the brush provided.
A juice jug and froth separator, detachable spout, and cleaning brush are all included. The detachable spout allows you to direct the juice straight into a glass. The cleaning brush is helpful in removing pulp.
Dimensions – 16-4/5 x 15-1/2 x 10-1/4 inches
Motor – 900 watts with 5 speeds
Item model number: BJE510XL
Warranty – 1 year limited warranty
- Separate Receiver for pulp – if you place a small garbage liner in the pulp bin, all the pulp is neatly contained and is very easy to dispose of
- Reliable performance
- Powerful motor equals fantastic versatility
- Great extraction and dry pulp
- It runs quietly compared to other juicers
- Easy To clean
- Probably too powerful for really soft fruits and vegetables, such as tomatoes. The very soft fruits will slide over the top of the screen before much juice can be extracted from them.
- Leafy greens (including wheat grass) are another problem for any centrifugal juicer. These are best done in a masticating juicer. Juicing aficionados would advocate that it’s best to have both a centrifugal juicer as well as a masticating juicer to eliminate this issue.
This is a very popular juicer, as evidenced by the the number of customers who have left reviews. They have given the BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor an outstanding rating. There were a few customers who had issues, but surprisingly few, considering the large number of reviews. Many hundreds more people have read the reviews and marked them as being helpful. To see what customers have to say, you can read the reviews here.
The Breville BJE510XL is available online at Amazon and if you are eligible, comes with Free Shipping, if you qualify. You can check the current price here.
Customers and users love the juicer because of it’s value for the money. Additionally, this is a quality juicer which does its job well. Quite simply, it makes great juice with a minimum of fuss and clean up afterwards. It comes highly recommended based on the many positive comments and experiences which users and customers have generously provided.