The Omega NC900HDC is a versatile addition to the stable of Omega juicers and it has a couple of improvements on earlier models and these have proven very popular with customers. The new model has a larger feed chute so that less chopping and preparation time is required. It is a slow speed masticating juicer with five settings, designed for reducing foam, heat and and producing oxidation free juice that contains the highest levels of nutrition.
The NC900HDC juicer works via a dual action process whereby the auger pushes the produce into a chamber while pressing and grinding it before being pushed through the juicing screen. It is suitable for juicing wheatgrass, leafy greens and other fruits and vegetables. It is worth noting that customers found that soft fruits could sometimes be problematic resulting in the machine becoming clogged.
Check Price and Availability Here
Versatility is another feature worth mentioning because it provides added value to the machine by being able to be used for other purposes. These include making pasta and nut butters as well as soy and almond milks. Customers have also used it successfully for making frozen desserts, mincing garlic and herbs, baby food as well as grinding up spices. The additional functions ensure that the Omega is one of the more useful kitchen appliances that you can consider purchasing.
Features of the Omega NC900HDC
- Design – an efficient and versatile masticating juicer with an attractive chrome finish and UL approved for household use
- Motor – operates at 80 RPMs and has a gear reduction equivalent of a 2 HP Motor so there is plenty of power behind this solid appliance
- Power – 150 watts
- Type – masticating juicer
- Finish – chrome
- Extraction – is a dual process shared by the auger system and the juicing screen so that you end up with a high yield of pulp filtered nutritious juice
- Auger System – The auger system forces produce into a tight chamber, grinding and pressing the food to squeeze out the juice from produce as fine as wheatgrass and leafy vegetables.
- Feed Chute – is large and an improvement on the previous J8000 series. Less chopping during preparation is required, effectively saving you a lot of time.
- Settings – there are five so that you can extract the most juice from your produce depending on the nature of the produce you are using. For example, setting 1 is ideal for citrus while setting 5 works well for wheatgrass.
- Juice Yield – is high so you receive excellent value from your produce with minimal wastage
- Pulp – is drier than that of a centrifugal juicer, indicating efficient juicer performance. Pulp is also ejected automatically for further use or disposal.
- Juicing Speed – is slow, preventing oxidation, heat build-up and foam deposits in the juice so that you receive the highest nutritional benefits from the fresh juice. Juicing is also continuous.
- Foam – the dual extraction process results in less foam than other masticating juicers with the double gear feature and this add to the overall higher nutritional levels of the juice.
- Handle – is built in and makes it easy to move the juicer around
- Versatility – the Omega NC900HDC can also be used for pasta, nut butters, baby foods, frozen desserts, soy and almond milk as well as grinding spices and mincing garlic and herbs.
- 6 x nozzles
- 2 x juicing screens
- 1 x cleaning brush
Cleaning – hand washing of parts only – however customers report that the process is quick and easy
Product Dimensions: 14.5 x 6.5 x 15.5 inches
Weighs: 17.4 pounds
Item No: NC900HDC
Warranty: 15 Year Warranty
What’s Great About the Omega NC900HDC?
- Easy to clean by hand with the cleaning brush
- Great for juicing greens
- Quiet to use
- Efficient operation
- Can make nut butters and pasta
- Auger and pulp pressure adjustment are improved from earlier models
- Strong, sturdy build
- Large feed chute means less chopping
- Slow moving motor
- Quality build
- Good for frozen desserts
- Juice is not warmed
What’s Not so Great
- The instruction book is meager and includes no recipes (link to great book on juicing recipes)
- Soft fruits can sometimes clog the machine
Customer Feedback and Reviews
At the time of writing, a large number of customers have left feedback for the Omega Juicer and they give it an outstanding rating. Things they like about it include its quiet operation, large feed chute, easy clean up, functionality and performance, as well as its quality build and versatility. To read more about what customers have to say, you can read their reviews here.
Recommendation – Strong Buy
The Omega NC900HDC Electric Juicer is available from online retailers you can check for the lowest price for it here. Customers were impressed with the Omega NC900HDC and felt they received an excellent juicer for their money. Based on customer feedback we are pleased to recommend this masticating juicer.